Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Josiah's Needs

Monday, October 9, 2006

Dear Praying friends,I just wanted to give a quick update on the family situation. Josiah is still in the PICU and still on the ventilator. He is receiving 30% oxygen, and his heart rate, respirations, and Oxygen saturation levels are all fine. Praise the Lord! He got a bath today, which improved his overall appearance. He is still sedated because of the tubes in his throat. He had coughed out the ventilator tubes early this morning, and they let him breathe for a while on his own. He was able to maintain good stats, but he was getting tired, because he still had to work so hard. They decided to go ahead and put the ventilator back in, much to my relief. He is breathing easily now, and I hope by tomorrow that he will be able to come off the ventilator. They have also put restraints on his hands so that he cannot pull out the tubing in his semi-consciousness. I am so pleased with the entire team of doctors, nurses, respiratory therapists, and everyone else here at the hospital. They have done a phenomenal job of taking care of him, and have been so helpful. The Lord has put us in good hands here at Albany Medical Center.

Many of you are wondering how I am doing. I am tired from some long shifts, but much encouraged by the presence of my mom, who flew in Sat. night. As of today, she, Esther, and I are staying in the Ronald McDonald House just two blocks from the hospital. It is a beautiful facility with real beds, and real food! Abigail is still with the Falks up in Wilton, and to my knowledge, she is doing just fine. They brought her up to the hospital yesterday afternoon, and i took her in to see Josiah briefly. She looked concerned when I told her that he was very sick and had lots of "owies", so she couldn't touch him. I didn't want to traumatize her, so I kept itshort.

To keep it simple, Josiah still needs a lot of prayer. His recovery is the slowest he has ever had to this point, perhaps because he was so bad for so long. I know the Lord is working in our lives, and that He is in control. Sometimes, though, during a trial, I would like to hit the fast forward button, if you know what I mean! Thanks so much for praying. I will be able to send out updates since I have Internet access here at the RM house.

Sarah

No comments: