Friday, October 13, 2006

Homward Bound

Thursday, October 12, 2006

God continues to answer prayer! I talked to the doctor this morning, and he said that if they could get Josiah's breathing treatments down to one every four hours, that he could go home! He said that may possibly mean tonight, or at the latest, tomorrow morning! Hooray! Josiah said he wants to come home. I don't blame him one bit! They were taking him off the IV when I left, and he will be on oral steroids for 1-2 weeks and albuterol as needed, as well as his normal medications. He is still very weak and wobbly - can't stand or walk without support, but that will come back quickly. He was supposed to go for a little walk this afternoon. Mom is sitting with him now while I take a little rest.

I will send out an update when I know for sure what is going on. Please keep praying - this is not over yet.
later

I just talked to the nurse in PICU, and she said that because Josiah is still so weak, they will probably keep him until tomorrow morning. That means we will be homeward bound tomorrow around 11 am or so. It is about a 40 minute drive back to Wilton. Please pray for safety and a quick discharge in the morning. Thank you all for praying. We will keep you updated on his progress over the next few weeks, as time allows. Mom flies out of Albany on Saturday morning, so I will have a bit more responsibility in taking care of everyone after she leaves. Praise the Lord for all He has done in our lives this week!

No comments: