Sunday, October 08, 2006

Family News

On Friday, October 6, I had to take Josiah to the emergency room because he was unable to breathe. They treated him all night without seeing significant improvement. I had to fly out the following day and so Sarah came to take my place with our son at the hospital. While I was flying to Nebraska for my meetings out there, they had to transfer Josiah to the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) at the Albany Medical Center in Albany, NY. On Saturday night, he experienced the beginnings of respiratory failure and the doctors decided to put him on a ventilator. The ventilator allowed him to get some much needed rest.

Josiah has begun to show some improvement over the last few hours. He was running a fever earlier today that is now gone. His oxygen has been lowered from 100% to 40%. He is not struggling so much to breathe. I thank you for all of your prayers.

As for me, the Lord has been good to me here in Nebraska. We had a good service this morning that included some interesting features. There was a family of Native Americans there, one of whom was under house arrest. The pastor had obtained special permission from the police to allow her to come to the service, but she had to be back at Noon. I did not know this and was somewhat surprised when she and all her family bolted from the service as soon as the invitation began. Despite that aspect of the service, we had a good service, with the Lord allowing me to preach the Gospel to several natives who were unsaved.

A couple of years ago, Bro. Byron Foxx told me that I should never travel without wearing a suit. He said that you never know when the airline would not get your luggage to you. I took his advice for the first time this last trip and wore a suit to travel in. It was a good thing because the airline did not get my luggage to me. In fact, I still don't have my Bible, toothbrush, cell phone charger, deodorant, etc. I did have my computer and my messages in my computer bag. Praise the Lord for that. If you will allow me to complain, though, I am a little bit tired of wearing the same clothes for the second day straight. Hopefully, I will at least get a new pair of socks by this evening. If I don't, I am afraid that the socks I have been wearing will begin walking back to New York or North Carolina in the night. Since they are predicting snow for Monday, I am second guessing the wisdom of going around with no socks.

Thank you for all of your prayers. God is good all of the time.

Paul

No comments: