Saturday, April 08, 2006

Scottsville

Ministry Update

We had a good meeting at Calvary Baptist Church in Scottsville, Virginia, with Pastor David Morris. It was a tremendous blessing to see the growth in the lives of the people during the week. Today we head to Winchester, Virginia for a four-day meeting with Pastor David Martin. It is a blessing to have less than three hours drive between meetings.

Please pray for me: I am having problems with a disc in my back. I am not sure if the technical term is herniated, slipped, or whatever. Please pray for the inflammation to go down so that I can get back to doing my normal activities.

Family Update

We have had a pretty good week. Josiah has been relatively free of breathing problems, which is an answer to prayer. Please keep praying for him during this season. He has had a great time playing with Zachary and Collin Williams this week. He even spent the night with Zachary one night, which was a first for him. As you can imagine, I am very careful about where he goes alone, mainly for health reasons. He had such a wonderful time! Josiah has discovered the gift of compliments. He says to me at almost every meal, “Mama, you are a good cooker!” Many times when we are getting ready for church, he will say, “Mama, you look pretty,” or “Mama, you smell pretty.” The other day, he was singing in the truck, and had just finished singing “Jesus Loves the Little Ones Like You, You, You”. Then he said, “Mama, I sang that for you because you are so short!” This comes from someone who only reaches my waist – or where it used to be. The other morning, he said, “Mama, your tummy is really big. Did you eat too many grits?” Paul even had the audacity to laugh. No respect.

Abigail has been increasing her vocabulary at an amazing rate. She can really communicate surprisingly well. She had a bout with the stomach flu or something this week, and woke up in the middle of the night crying. We had to bathe her and throw her bedding in the wash at 2:30 am. She seems to have recovered, and we hope that no one else comes down with it. The rest of us have already had it this year!

Pray for Paul and a quick recovery for his back. It is hard for him to wash the dishes and do the vacuuming now. Ha! (No harder than it was before, I guess!)

Sarah

1 comment:

Bette Anne said...

Hi!

Just wanted to say how much I enjoy reading your journal! It is really neat to read about your ministry and family life filled with the typical wit and sarcasm included free of charge. :)

I find myself laughing out loud as I read about your many adventures and mishaps.

Hope all are doing well, and I'll be sure to keep an eye out for future blogs!

all the way over here in Germany-
Bette Anne Stroud