Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Rosedale

Ministry Update

It is always a blessing to be here at Rosedale Baptist Church. The meeting has gone well, though we have not seen anyone saved. I have been preaching three times a day since Sunday – what a blessing! The school meetings are going well, too. There was a girl today that came to one of the staff members in tears, wanting to get right with God. The school has a history of wickedness and this girl wanted to take a stand against it. Praise the Lord for what He is doing in the school. God has done a great work in the hearts of the church people from the pastor on down. Please pray for the close of the meeting tonight.

Family Update

The family is doing fine, although Abigail had a bout with the stomach flu or something twice in the past few days. She seems to be recovered now, and I am almost caught up on all the resulting laundry! Josiah is doing great, and has even been able to play outside with no ill results. He really has enjoyed the nice weather. There is a playground just outside our trailer at the RV park where we are staying this week, and the kids have had a great time just running in the fresh air. It has been especially nice for me, too because I can look out the door or the window and see what they are doing while being able to accomplish my housework at the same time.

We have had several unexpected blessings this week. One of the ladies in the church approached me and told me that she was a Mary Kay dealer (for those of you who are clueless, she sells makeup) and that if I needed anything, she would give it to me. It just so happened that I was out of several things, and the Lord provided them through this lady! Another blessing was that Paul needed some new boots. The ones he had were nearly three years old and beginning to hurt his feet, just because they were wearing so badly. I went online (another blessing is that this RV park had wireless internet access) and found a boot store less than two miles away. We drove over, and, lo and behold, they were having an Easter sale. After we found the boots he needed, we went to the counter to pay. At the counter was a wheel (sort of like the Wheel of Fortune game) with percentages marked in each slot – 10,20, & 30% off of each purchase. I spun the wheel and got a “free spin.” I spun again, and received another “free spin.” By this time, the suspense was killing me. The next spin landed on the 30% off space! We cheered and ran around the store, screaming, “We won! We won!” Just kidding! Anyway, we were excited, and it was such a blessing to get nearly a third off the price of his boots! The store manager wasn’t nearly as pleased as we were, but Paul invited him to the meeting that night. It is so neat to see the things that the Lord does for us on a daily basis. Great is His faithfulness!

Please be in prayer for my family. There is a very crucial decision that must be made in the next 24 hours, and we are praying that the right decision will be made by the individual involved. I am not at liberty to say what it is, but it is a very serious issue with long-lasting consequences, and much wisdom is needed.

No comments: