Thursday, March 30, 2006

Wegos, Yugos, and Theygos

Ministry Update

We had a good close to the meeting last night, and, although there were no salvation decisions, the pastor and his wife were really encouraged. I don't know if I have ever preached a revival meeting for a pastor who seemed so discouraged. The meeting was, according to their testimony, a shot in the arm for their family and for the church. We praise the Lord for what He did.

Family Update

We are back in NC - for about 24 hours, maybe less. We head out for Scottsville, VA tomorrow as soon as I get back from my prenatal checkup. I have to do the 28-week glucose test - yeah. Maybe I should have put that in capitals.

The trip back was uneventful except for wiping out a stop sign in Greenville. It only scraped the trailer, so we rolled happily along. The angry motorists whose lane we were blocking blew the horn violently while we tried to turn a corner designed for a Yugo. Thankfully, one older man let us in, and we escaped with minimal damage to both the trailer and our egos. Always an adventure.

By the way, the ants are GONE! Hooray! We killed them with ant spray, hair spray, chili powder, and the vacuum cleaner. We are now ant free once again - except for the lone rangers that have strayed to other areas of the trailer. They won't last long. I wonder of those ants have a southern drawl. Maybe they have relatives in the area that they have never met. They are certainly well-traveled now. "Ant Matilda, I traveled 600 miles just to see you! I think I'll be staying for a while, though!" Ha!

Sarah

No comments: