Monday, January 18, 2010

Off the Highway

Please forgive me for not updating you sooner. The trailer is no longer on the side of the highway (sorry to all you curious South Carolinians who wanted to drive by and see it), and we are in Southaven, MS in our scheduled meeting.

On Saturday, my dad and I took the two remaining lug studs and installed them opposite each other on the hub so that we could temporarily attach the wheel. Then I drove down the shoulder of the interstate never going more than 10 mph to the next exit. Once we were off the road, I turned carefully into a gas station parking lot. The spot where we were initially was not a good one, so I eased the trailer into yet another turn so as to round the building to to more spacious part of the lot. In this slow, gradual turn, one of the two remaining lugs broke. I pulled the trailer out of the way despite this loss of the stud, and simply left it there. Then, Dad and I went back to Taylors where I picked up my wife and family and returned to where the trailer sat. Sarah and I packed up all the things that we would need for this meeting and we took off down the road in the rain. After a favorable time change at the GA/AL state line, we arrived in Southaven, MS shortly before midnight local time. The rain that started falling while we packed our things never let up the entire time we were driving, causing some of the items that I normally sell on my table to get wet.

The meeting started off very well yesterday with excellent crowds and tremendous response in all three services. Several people from another area church have told us they will be out during the week as well. We look forward to seeing what the Lord is going to do.

The meeting closes Wednesday night, and we will go back to the trailer on Thursday, fix it, and then turn around and immediately head west again. Thank you for all of your prayers in our behalf.

No comments: