Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Southward Bound

This update was composed on May 8, but we have had very limited access to the Internet. Sorry it is only now being posted.

Ministry Update

The last four weeks of meetings have been sweet for us. The Lord allowed us to see several people saved during this time. Some have walked the aisle at the old-fashioned invitation, while others have trusted Christ in their homes after the services. We are so grateful for God’s work. Minnesota has been good, with a very sweet, apolitical preacher’s meeting last week. We finish out in Duluth before heading south again.

Family Update

The last several weeks have been busy with meetings and other important events. Abigail is pleased to announce that she is now “fwee.” We had a party with cake that everyone could eat (that is cause to celebrate in itself) and lots of balloons and streamers. It was much anticipated by the whole family, and enjoyed by all as well.

Esther is now the proud owner of two more brand new teeth. They are still invisible to most people, but they are there, nonetheless. She has also begun crawling – look out, world. She isn’t very good at it yet, but I know that it won’t be long before she is into everything and under my feet all the time! If I try to get her to come, she will come a few paces and then pause with a look that seems to say, “You know, I am not really sure I like this. I think I would rather have Mama come over here and pick me up…” When I see the hesitation on her face, I usually clap and say “yaaay,” hoping to encourage her to come the rest of the way. When I do this, she stops, and with her cute, drooly grin, sits up and claps for herself and says, ”AHHHHH!” Then she gets down again and comes a little farther. She has also claimed the title of Master Confetti Maker. No paper is too big, too small, or too important for this self-designated position. Sunday school papers, Kleenex, kindergarten papers, business cards, addresses, maps, receipts, trailer brochures – all have fallen pray to the miniature shredder on legs. Thankfully, she can’t reach the scrapbooks yet!

I have really enjoyed the beauty of Minnesota in the spring. The lilacs are blooming, and their scent and color pervades almost every yard. I have never seen so many lilacs in all my life! The grass is that beautiful spring green, and with the blooming trees and their pink, white, and purple flowers, it is a sight to behold. We were in farm country last week, and the sight of that rich, black soil freshly turned in the fields made me want to take off my shoes and go walk in it. It makes such a contrast to the green grass and the tall, bleached weeds. Living in North Carolina with its red clay soil has given me an even greater appreciation for the beauty of the Northern/ Midwestern soil. I guess that might sound strange to some people, but I really do miss it, especially in the spring.

My brother Micah completed his One-Year Bible degree at Ambassador Baptist College this Friday, and although we were not able to attend, we are so excited about what he is allowing the Lord to do in his life. He has done a great job and we anticipate great things to come.

This week is a “free” week, which means that we have no meetings scheduled. It does not mean, though, that we will have nothing to do. We try to plan a week with no deadlines, but somehow, we always end up with a million things to do and places to go. This is our last week of school and I am looking forward to summer vacation. We will be heading south again after next Sunday’s meeting (Duluth, MN). Pray for safety as we travel and continued health.

No comments: