Monday, August 27, 2007

Teen Revival

Ministry Update

The Lord gave us a wonderful close to our special back-to-school revival at my home church. The first two nights were disappointing as far as visible results were concerned, but God was working. At the end of the second service after I preached on “The Lake of Fire,” a boy vomited all over the floor during the invitation. We had to cut that service short, but the largely un-churched kids held their composure quite well, considering the circumstances.

Tonight’s crowd was especially rowdy during the game and preliminary part of the service. Bro. Jim Ogle (the youth pastor at our church) and I went into a back room during the special music and begged God for a miracle to calm the hearts of these rambunctious teenagers and get them to listen to the preaching. For my part, I was struggling still when I got to the pulpit, wondering what God would have me preach. I felt led to make much of Calvary and so began my message by telling them what the Cross meant to me and how we wanted them to be saved as well. From there, we went to Titus 3 and I preached a salvation message from the first seven verses. At least two that I know of were saved, one of them coming to me afterwards and telling me boldly, “I got saved tonight.” As for the kids’ attention? God worked the miracle that we had prayed for, and the rowdiest ones sat nearly stone still throughout the entire message. It was a miracle in which God’s power was greatly on display. Thank you so much for all you who pray for our ministry.

The last two days, I was also able to speak in the opening chapel services of Ambassador Baptist College. The Lord blessed in those services as well, with some specific victories in the services.

Soon, we will be back on the road again. As always, we appreciate your prayers for us. God is still on the throne and He is still working in hearts.

No comments: