Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Give Me Diesel in My Dodge

[This update actually went out August 20, but I was unable to post in online until now.]

Ministry Update
The Lord gave us a good start to the meeting here at Gilead Baptist Church in Macon, GA. I am eagerly looking forward to the schedule of preaching twice a day every day this week through Friday. Please pray that the Lord will give me an entrance into the hearts of the young people and the adults of the church.
The Lord supplied our needs in an unusual way today. After the afternoon meal, I had to fuel my truck. I had noticed diesel for $2.89 a gallon, but passed up the intersection without making the proper turn. I found another corner station that also had fuel, but the young man in charge of setting the pump had made a mistake. Instead of setting the pump to charge $2.89 a gallon, he set it to $1.89 a gallon. I paid with my credit card and pumped and pumped as much fuel as I could fit in my tank. I got over 30 gallons for less than $60. I tried to communicate to the store owners that their pump was set wrong and they argued with me. It may have been hard for them to understand since they all spoke English as fourteenth language. At any rate, it was a blessing from God to be able to save $30 on fuel today.

No comments: